• Co-Founded “Shop Gilbert”. Program that educates residents to patronize businesses within the community, has served as a template for cities valley wide.
• Placed police personnel as resource officers in schools, passed curfew law for teens, and funded a specialized Gang Task force within the police department.
• Helped create a municipal fire department with paramedic service for the Town of Gilbert.
• 2009 Recommended and supported the implementation of a Gilbert Citizens Budget Committee to evaluate and consider cuts, efficiencies, and investments needed to reflect priorities of Gilbert citizens for 2010-2011 budget.
• Ensured growth would pay for itself, assisted negotiations for dedication of property to build fire stations, and open space for youth sports.
• Worked with local, state and federal agencies including the Pentagon, in order to transfer ownership of Williams Air Base to a civilian facility now known as Phoenix, Mesa Gateway Airport.
• Will continue to support
Council Member · 1991 to 1995
Council Member · 2007 to 2011
Vice Mayor 2009